11.21.2012

Pleats and snowflakes

I found this top at an estate sale a few months ago. It's basically my dream blouse--blush pink and heavily pleated with a small collar and crystal buttons down the back. Sure, it's a size or two too big, but when have I ever let that stop me?

I'm constantly on the lookout for vintage dance costumes, so when I found this wool skirt, custom-made for a 1950's figure skater, I purchased it in a heartbeat! I used to think a lot about how to "modernize" vintage, but lately, I just want to be in costume. Figure skating skirts, leaf crowns, sequin vests, Edwardian petticoats...


Outfit details:
1950's blouse found at an estate sale (for $1!)
1950's skirt via Dethrose Vintage
Nine West heels

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh my god, these are both SUCH amazing pieces! I envy you finding that blouse for a dollar, and I too adore vintage dancing and skating costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous! Love the entire outfit:)

    ReplyDelete