12.01.2011

Things change, my dear

Untitled by craig schlewitz

When I was in college, my laptop crashed, and I lost everything on it. My entire iTunes library, all my undergraduate papers, stories and poems in various states of completion... At first, I was devastated. Absolutely freaking horrified. But then my feelings evolved into something I couldn't quite put my finger on until one day I realized I was relieved. Over the years, I've learned that I love a "clean slate." Change is comforting to me; it helps me feel that I'm moving forward.

That's why I decided to revamp this blog. I changed up the layout, and I "archived" all my old posts. (I didn't delete them! Even I wasn't willing to go quite that far.) My goals for this space have changed since I started it back in May 2010. I still plan to document my outfits, but I'd love to include more inspiration posts. I really want my blog to be a reflection of myself.

So. Thank you to everyone who has followed along with me this past year and a half. The comments you've left have meant more to me than I should probably admit. It's so easy to dismiss style as superficial, frivolous. But codifying my personal style has played a surprisingly important role in helping me learn who I am. Long story short, you guys are awesome. I hope you'll continue following along.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Change is (almost always) good:) I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You commented a few times on my blog. Those comments were kindly written and put a smile on my face.
    So, thank you, too <3

    I love changes and I will continue to read your blog!
    The new layout really is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back, I've missed your blog! A clean slate is definitely nice every now and then. Looking forward to your new posts :)

    ReplyDelete